ACTED formerly 'Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development', is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization set up in 1993. The organization employs approximately 198 international staff and more than 3500 national staff. ACTED is seeking to recruit one national Staff to be based in Zaatari Camp for the following position of:
The Social Worker will carry out activities such as:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in psychosocial, humanities, social work or related field
- At least one year experience working in community settings,
- Familiarity with psychosocial and informal education, life skills programming in the humanitarian context
- Experience in Referral System and case management/. Psychosocial Cases.
- Fluent Arabic language, and ability to communicate in English (reading and writing)
- Familiarity with the culture of the affected population, ability to communicate respectfully, sensitively and effectively with the affected population
- To find out the problems and work to find solutions.
- Experience on Assessment and monitoring.
- Good communication skills – and ability and willingness to work with people in difficult personal circumstances
- Respectful and appropriate attitude towards the refugee community
1. Vulnerable Outreach Communities visits (as directed)
The Social Caseworker Volunteer is responsible for directly assisting vulnerable refugees in Vulnerable Outreach Communities with Specific Duties:
- Assist the Project Manager in all project activities especially managepsychosocial to ensure the successful implementation of the project. Specifically.
- Conduct outreach to vulnerable Syrians in Vulnerable Outreach Communities.
- Conduct Household visits for each case and back with a report on that case.
- Identify extremely vulnerable Syrian households as potential beneficiaries of rental assistance.
- Identify households, hosting vulnerable Syrian households.
- Identify extremely vulnerable Syrian and Jordanian households in need of Child protection and psychosocial support, refer cases to specialist NGOs.
2. delivery of psychosocial support, educational activities in selectedVulnerable Outreach Communities
- Plan and implement a best practice psychosocial support, program for each Facilitator.
- Plan and implement a life skills program in a number of VOCs.
- Train, monitor and support volunteer teachers from VOCs.
- Engage with the VOC community members regarding participation, particularly that of children in the informal education program
- provide direction, advice and support in the delivering of activities
- Monitor activities in the field
- Follow up and ensure activities are structured, and reported activities results in Daily basis.
- Provide feedback on activities to project manager and Education specialist as required.
- Assist to coordinate the team effort of conducting field visits and extensive outreach in VOCs to the Syrian refugee community and identify households with special needs.
- Ensure that detailed outreach case files are prepared and filed in hard and soft copies for all interviews conducted, and make specific recommendations on vulnerabilities that need immediate attention.
4. Regular communication
- Participate in weekly team meetings to reach program decisions on potential clients.
- Attend regular Community meetings in the areas targeted.
- Attend Referral meetings related to VOCs.
- Coordinate with other programs serving refugees and asylum-seekers that may be complementary or synergistic.
- Establish good and regular communication with project beneficiaries, ACTED partners and various service providers.
- Establish good communication and coordination with all ACTED departments (WASH, AME, Social Mobilization) and project staff Other:
- Strictly follow the ACTED internal procedures and guidelines.
5. Ensure that Child Protection policy and code of conduct is followed by all staff
- Ensure all relevant staff understand and agree to the relevant child protection policy and code of conduct
- Ensure all relevant staff adhere to the child protection policy and code of conduct, and that any breach of policy or conduct is dealt with appropriately, including reporting to the project and program managers
- The Social worker is responsible for preparing accurate, honest, and timely reports of their individual activities (Informal Education, PSS, WASH, and LS). In particular this includes maintaining signed records of the engagement and activities with the community.
- The Social worker is also encouraged to prepare written reports of the results of their activities, assessments and observations.
Those who are interested, Kindly send your CV to:
The deadline will be on 19/02/2017.
* Note :
Please mention “Social Worker / Mafraq Base” in the subject field.” CVs without subject will not be considered”