UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Midwife for All Areas
Vacancy Announcement Number JF/08/2017
Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment
Contract Duration 3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 689.600 Fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency) and medical insurance. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Department Health Department
Duty Station All Areas
Issue Date 12 February 2017
Deadline for Applications 25 February 2017
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of the post is responsible to the Senior Staff Nurse in the Health Centre he/she is assigned to.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Within the Family Health Team (FHT) concepts and approaches and in accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
· Provides comprehensive maternal health care services including pre-conception care, antenatal, post-natal;
· Assesses the health condition of the client and whether she requires a referral to the Medical Officer/ Gynecologist;
· Pays home visits to check on the health status of mother and child; follows up on defaulters as required;
· Advises families on birth spacing and family planning to ensure the well being and health of all family members; educates groups and individuals on various issues with regards to family planning, maternity and child care;
· Complies with all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment; maintains a high standard of infection control to ensure safety of staff and clients;
· Provides services through the electronic medical records system (E-Health), including data entry, proper recording and reporting and follow up of defaulters;
· Inserts Intra Uterine Device (IUD) and performs periodic checkups after insertion and takes vaginal swabs for laboratory testing according to the rules and regulations in the host country;
· Reviews and analyzes reports related to maternal health, and shares information on research and related studies in order to help provide optimal care to patients;
· Conducts on-the-job training of staff and participates in the training on scientific activities and in-service courses as and when required;
· Performs such other duties as may be required.
· A University Degree in Midwifery from a recognized university or public midwifery institute.
· Possession of a license to practice midwifery in the country of duty station.
· At least three years of experience in a Maternal-Child Health Centre and/or maternity unit/hospital as a midwife;
· Experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in health applications.
Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Good communication skills and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients;
· Good Analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload;
· Adequate computer skills;
· Self-motivated and shows willingness to learn from others.
· Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
· Acts in accordance with the professional ethics and values.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the concerned Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org