Functions and Responsibilities of Protection Assistant:
- Assist the Protection Officer and Social Workers to conduct mobilization activities with the vulnerable population living in the area of intervention; design and conduct PSS sessions aimed at children in the VOCs;
- Assist the Protection Officer and Social Workers to conduct PSS assessment for the affected population in VOCs;
- Assist with referring protection and other specific needs case/s in coordination with the Social Worker and the Protection Project Officer;
- Participate in team workshops in coordination with the Protection Project Officer and Social Workers to improve PSS activities plan when needed.
- Work and collaborate with the education, outreach and WASH team, as needed based on the plan availability;
- For reporting and compliance purposes, assist with filling out, collecting and storing hard and soft documentation that relates to the project;
- Assist with the distribution of NFIs to VOC residents, when needed based on the plan availability.
- Carry-out any other project-related task at the bequest of the Social Worker, the Protection Project Officer and/or the Project Manager.
- Establish good communication and coordination with his/her colleagues of social workers and other project staff
- Strictly follow ACTED internal procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all relevant staff understand and agree to the relevant child protection policy and code of conduct
- Ensure all relevant staff adhere to the child protection policy and code of conduct, and that any breach of policy or conduct is dealt with appropriately, including reporting securely to the Protection Project Officer.
Contribute to the implementation of security operating standards and procedures in the field.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Humanitarian assistance activities, notably in social work, psychological support and child protection.
- Strong experience and familiarity with the culture of the affected population, ability to communicate respectfully, sensitively and effectively with the affected population
- Multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary
- Fluent Arabic language
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends when necessary.
- If You Are interested send your Cv to :
Closing date is 28 Feb 2017