UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Asst. Professor (Arabic, Modern Literature) at FESA
Vacancy Announcement Number JF/10/2017
Contract Status Fixed Term Appointment
Contract Duration 3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 849.80 Fills. Plus SOA 268.600 Fills. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency) and medical insurance. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Duty Station Faculty of Educational Sciences & Arts (FESA)
Issue Date 13 February 2017
Deadline for Applications 26 February 2017
Place in the Organisation:
Is responsible to the Dean of the Faculty of Educational Sciences and Arts. Supervises such other staff as may be assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
A staff member in the above classification is responsible for implementing the established curriculum for the faculty, teaching, conducting research, providing community service, guiding and counselling students and participating in the smooth running and management of the faculty. Specifically he performs the following duties:
· Teaching and leading instructional activities specified in the approved curriculum and in the faculty by-laws. Such activities include lecturing, leading seminars, individual and group tutorials, writing and correcting examinations, correcting papers and reports and conducting and supervising evaluation activities.
· Planning, organizing, conducting and supervising practice-teaching activities for faculty students and teacher-trainees enrolled in the pre-service and in service teacher training programmes;
· Planning, organizing, conducting and supervising research activities designed, each in his perspective field of specialization, to promote knowledge and improve teaching-learning practices in general and in UNRWA educational establishment in particular;
· Guiding and counselling, students and teacher-trainees in educational matters such as educational needs, study plans, selection of courses, evaluation of progress, advice in making educational decisions;
· Guiding and counseling, students and teacher-trainees in personal matters related to educational adjustment to the faculty requirements such as study habits, peer relations, social stress, personal adjustment;
· Planning, organizing conducting and supervising community service programmers to serve and develop local Palestinian communities in cooperation with faculty students and teacher-trainees, as well as other concerned UNRWA establishments and community organizations;
· Promotion and improvement of educational thought and practices at large and in UNRWA educational establishments sin particular, through the active engagement and participation in scholarly activities, professional and academic organizations, conferences and meetings designed to enhance academic and professional competencies of university and college professors;
· Participating in the planning and management of the faculty through faculty council meetings, departmental meetings, committees, special groups, work task-force and in any other capacity the faculty deems necessary; participates in reviewing and adjusting faculty curriculum as and when required;
· Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
· A PH.D. in the required subject of specialization from an accredited and recognized university or higher learning institution.
· Written scholarly work such as the publication of books, manuscripts, research work and articles in recognized publication firms or refereed scientific journals published by higher learning institutions, research centers or internationally known publication houses directly related to faculty curriculum.
Some experience in post-secondary teaching and practice teaching is required for appointment in the faculty.
Very good knowledge of English and Arabic.
1. Professional Knowledge
2. Communication skills
3. Innovation and creativity
4. Problem solving
للتقديم الرجاء الضغط هنا واختيار البلد الاردن من قائمة اسماء البلدان